Thursday, June 28, 2007

Day One..

After reading all of the knitting blogs, I decided to start my own. Why not? Maybe because I have a law office and should therefore spend my time billing clients so that I can buy more yarn?? Perhaps. But who cares? It's knitting, I should be able to fit it into my day.


Today I decided to venture into a new world of fiber arts...spindles. I went to Knitters Connection earlier this month and was intrigued by this decorative little things. So today I purchased my first spindle and roving. Thanks to Shannon at http://twinsanity.blogspot.com/ a new flower spindle is heading my way and I cannot wait.


Since this is a blog about knitting so I'll share some of my work in progress...
The beginning of a monkey sock. The yarn is from Love Yarn and I have no idea what the colorway is. I am a bit nervous about whether or not I will have enough for the 2nd sock. I am doing the heel and toe in the blue so that should save some of my precious yarn.
I must admit that this sock is changing my attitude about socks. Before I liked very plain, simple socks. What is wrong with me? This one is SOOO much cooler than some normal boring old blue sock. I may never again knit a boring sock. Onward.
I am counting down the days until the weekend. Though tonight I must refrain from working on my non-boring sock and clean my house. I have been avoiding cleaning for quite some time and it shows. This weekend a friend is coming for a visit. Our visit will consist of fishing at the lake and drinking. Probably more of the latter.
Until tomorrow!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yeah for the new blog! You know you are obsessive when people start sending you pictures of the stuff that you helped them with. So, that might mean I'll send you pics of socks soon. But nothing as cute as those monkeys!